Scheduling a Meeting with Teams
In Microsoft Teams, you can schedule online meetings with coworkers or external contacts. You can post your meeting to a channel, where anyone in the team can see or join, or you can schedule a private meeting, where only people you’ve invited can attend. Microsoft Teams also keeps track of meeting conversation through sent chats and files, storing it for later reference and access so you never lose track of files or their context.
Step One: Go to the Meetings Tab
Here you’ll find your Agenda, which you can view in either List or Day View by clicking on the View icon in the top-right corner of the Agenda Pane.
Step Two: Click Schedule a Meeting at the bottom of the Agenda Pane.
This opens the New Meeting dialogue box.
Step Three: Fill out Your Meeting Details
- Give your meeting a Title and use the Location dropdown if you want to choose a physical location for this meeting. Your organization will need to have RoomLists configured for this feature.
- Next, choose whether you want this meeting to be in a channel. If you choose a channel, everyone in the corresponding team will be able to join. If you want your meeting open only to the people you invite, choose none.
- To invite people, start typing their names or email addresses into the Invite People Field. Teams sets a time by default, so once you’ve added attendees, it will let you know if they’re free for the default time. The Teams Scheduling assistant also gives you quick suggestions based on when all the attendees are free.
- Click Scheduling Assistant if you want to search for other times your attendees are free. The scheduling assistant shows you a calendar view of the times coworkers are available for a meeting. You can use the dropdowns on the top to pick a day and time, or use the scroll bar on top and click on the time you’d like to schedule. Once you’re done, choose Back.
- This will take you back to your meeting, where you can finish by typing in the meeting details or a short description of its purpose.
Step Four: Choose Schedule
This meeting will now appear on your Agenda.
Joining a Meeting in Teams
- You can join a meeting at any time from the Meetings Tab.
- From List View, click Join next to the meeting title.
- From Day view, click on the meeting you want to Join and choose Join in the upper righthand corner of the Teams window.
- After you leave the meeting, you will be taken to the Chat tab, which saves all of the chats and files in a new conversation for later reference.
Microsoft Gold Communications Partner
PEI has been a Microsoft Gold Partner since 2005, and our engineers hold multiple Gold Microsoft Communications Certifications. We understand each organization’s Unified Communications journey is unique, and we deliver value by working with you to understand your business objectives and mapping out your technology to enhance these goals.
Whether you’re looking to use Microsoft Teams as an online collaboration service or an enterprise-grade voice service with Microsoft Audio Conferencing (previously PSTN Conferencing), Microsoft Calling Plan (previously PSTN Calling), Microsoft Phone System (previously Cloud PBX) capabilities, PEI’s Microsoft Gold Communications Partnership makes us a recognized leader in delivering Microsoft Unified Communications solutions like Microsoft Teams (formerly Skype for Business Online).
If you have questions, want more information about Microsoft Teams or want to work with us, click here to contact us!