Here’s a quick walkthrough of how to easily upgrade your Cisco AIR-CAP1552E-A-K9 Access Point to a newer 8.3.x.0 code after you have upgraded your WLC to 8.3.x.0 code.
- Navigate to Cisco software downloads and download the Supplementary AP Bundle Image.
- Copy the file to the default directory on your TFTP, FTP, or SFTP server.
- Navigate to Commands > Download File on the WLC Controller page.
- Select Code from the File Type drop-down list.
- From the Transfer Mode drop-down list, select where the file is located.
- Enter the IP address of the server in the IP Address text box.
- Use 10 for the Maximum retries field and 6 for the Timeout (seconds) field.
- Enter in the directory path of the software in the File Path text box
- Enter in the name of the file in the File Name text box
- Click Download
- Once downloaded, reload the box and the AP should be able to work properly on the 8.3.x.0 code.
Alison Wallick, PEI