Job Title: Senior Level and Intermediate Infrastructure Engineers
Revised Date: October 8, 2010
Start Date: Immediate
Job Description: We’ve been growing need to expand our engineering team. PEI is a Microsoft Gold Partner, VMware Enterprise Partner, and Cisco Premier Partner, who is recognized as a leader in delivering infrastructure, unified communications and networking solutions. We have built the business and reputation on the quality and value of the services we provide to our customers. As an engineering-oriented company, we take great pride in the depth of technical knowledge maintained by our engineers.
We are currently seeking individuals who have in-depth experience with Microsoft infrastructure products as well as with supporting 3rd party hardware and software. We are looking for both Senior Level Engineers with significant technical and business consulting experience, as well as Intermediate Engineers with strong technical skills and more limited consulting experience. Candidates for either position need to have previous consulting experience and should understand the pace and demands associated with IT consulting. Primary responsibilities include planning, implementing, and troubleshooting infrastructure solutions in our customers’ environments. This person should be self-motivated and have strong communication, presentation, time management and project management skills.
- Be engaged with customers 50-60% of the time on billable projects with the remainder of the time focused on support, training, sales engineering, knowledge upkeep, and vendor interaction.
- Actively participate in the planning and implementation of systems, infrastructure and related hardware and software.
- Clearly communicate problem/resolution process to customers or management. Serve as liaison to vendors (e.g. Microsoft, Symantec) to facilitate problem resolution. Provide advanced troubleshooting for infrastructure, networking, security, and application issues.
- Subject matter expert for specific technologies within the Infrastructure practice (e.g. Directory Services, Messaging). Collaborate with technical staff, including project managers. Mentor and cross-train technical staff.
Additional Senior Level Responsibilities
- Provide project architecture and oversight with in-depth technical expertise on infrastructure projects. Be able to serve as a Lead Engineer on engagements and work directly with Project Management, Account Management and Customer teams.
- Assess and recommend architectural designs/changes to customer systems in response to business or technical drivers. Customer liaison for solutions including presentation of design and deployment strategies. Contribute to written proposals and develop technical documentation.
- In-depth knowledge of advanced Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2 architecture, deployment and troubleshooting – including Active Directory.
- Advanced messaging and collaboration architecture, deployment and troubleshooting utilizing Exchange (2003, 2007, 2010).
- Experience with other Microsoft products such as Microsoft Office Communication Server, SharePoint 2010, SQL, Configuration Manager, and Operations Manager.
- Expertise with server, application, and desktop virtualization utilizing VMware and/or Microsoft
- A strong understanding of LAN/WAN network infrastructure architecture.
- Security experience including firewalls, antivirus, spyware, SPAM management, and VPN.
- Hardware experience utilizing Hewlett Packard and Dell server and storage platforms.
- Citrix/Terminal services experience a plus
- Virtual server and SAN integration experience with both VMware and Microsoft desirable
- Senior Engineers must have a Minimum of 3 years consulting experience 8 years of IT field experience
- Intermediate Engineers must have at least 1 year of consulting experience and at least 3-5 years of IT field experience
- Advanced Microsoft certifications (MCSE 2003/MCITP) preferred
- University Degree preferred
- Local Travel (Colorado Front Range) 50%, Out of state travel 5%
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients’ needs
- Strong self-confidence and a positive attitude
- Curiosity in learning, implementing and supporting new and diverse technologies
- Demonstrated customer service skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive compensation including commissions
- Family Health Insurance
- Family Dental Insurance
- Paid Training and Certification Testing
- Paid Vacation
- Flex Time scheduling
- Profit Sharing
- Retirement with corporate matching contributions
- Employee technology purchase plan
- NOTE: No relocation funds will be provided
Organizational Relationships: Reports to the Executive Director of Engineering
If you’re looking for a challenge and an organization that rewards you for your commitment and hard work, we’d love to talk with you! Please send your resume to Jobs@pei.com to be considered for this position.