Placing a Call Using the Calls Tab
- You can use the Number Pad to dial by clicking the numbers or typing them directly into the call bar and clicking the Call Icon.
- You can also call a contact by navigating to your Contact List (Contacts > A-Z) and selecting the Phone Icon next to your desired contact.
- If you don’t see the person you want to call here, click the Add Contact Button to search for them by name, email, or phone number. Click on the contact when they appear, and click Add to add them to your contact list.
Placing a Call from the Command Bar
- Type a back slash, which tells Teams you’re giving it a command
- Type call, then hit enter to input the command
- You will be prompted to type the name or email of the person you’d like to call. As soon as you click on the person you want, the call will start going through.
Placing a Call from the Chat Tab
If you have more than one person in your conversation, this will start a conference call with all of the participants. Of course, all the participants will need to accept the call on their side before you can conference with them.
- In any conversation, you’ll have the Call Icon in the top right corner. Click on it to place your call.
Placing a Call from Anywhere in Teams
You can place a call anywhere you interact with your contacts by using their contact card. This is one of the ways Microsoft aims to make communication easier than ever.
- Anywhere you see a contact’s picture, such as in the Teams tab, where they may have just uploaded a document or comment that reminds you to call them, hover over their picture to see their contact card.
- Click the Call Icon to place your call.
- You can use these contact cards anywhere in teams to start any type of conversation: an audio call, a video call, an email, or an IM.