PEI Consultant – Engineer/Consultant
Job Title: Engineer/Consultant
Start Date: Immediate
PEI is a Microsoft Gold Partner, VMware Enterprise Partner, and Cisco Premier Partner, who is recognized as a leader in delivering unified communications, virtualization, and advanced infrastructure solutions. We have built the business and reputation on the quality and value of the services we provide to our customers. As an engineering-oriented company, we take great pride in the depth of our accountability to our client base as well as the technical knowledge maintained by our engineers.
We are currently seeking individuals who have in-depth experience implementing and troubleshooting IT solutions based on unified communications, virtualization and advanced infrastructure. As consultants, we are looking for an experienced individual with both business and technical consulting skills. Candidates for this position need to have previous consulting experience and should understand the pace and demands associated with IT consulting. Primary responsibilities include implementing, maintaining and supporting solutions in our customers’ environments. This person should be self-motivated and have strong customer service, communication, presentation, and time management skills.
• Be engaged with customers 50-60% of the time on billable projects with the remainder of the time focused on support, training, knowledge improvement/upkeep.
• Actively participate in the planning and implementation of unified communications, virtualization, and advanced infrastructure solutions.
• Clearly communicate problem/resolution process to customers or management. Serve as liaison to vendors (e.g. Microsoft, VMware) to facilitate problem resolution. Provide advanced troubleshooting for unified communications, virtualization, and advanced infrastructure issues.
• Subject matter expert for specific technologies within the Infrastructure practice (e.g. Directory Services, Messaging). Collaborate with technical staff, including project managers. Mentor and cross-train technical staff.
• In-depth knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2 architecture, deployment and troubleshooting – including Active Directory.
• Advanced messaging and collaboration deployment and troubleshooting utilizing Exchange (2003, 2007, 2010).
• Expertise with server, application, and desktop virtualization utilizing VMware and/or Microsoft
• Understanding of LAN/WAN network infrastructure architecture.
• Security experience including firewalls, antivirus, spyware, SPAM management, and VPN.
• Hardware experience utilizing Hewlett Packard and Dell server and storage platforms.
• Experience with Microsoft Lync or Microsoft Office Communications Server a desired.
• Experience with other Microsoft products such as SharePoint 2010, SQL, Configuration Manager, and Operations Manager a plus
• Minimum of 1 years consulting experience
• 3-5 years’ experience in related IT field
• Microsoft certifications (MCITP/MCSE) preferred
• University Degree preferred
• Local Travel (Colorado Front Range) 50%, Out of state travel 5%
• Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients’ needs
• Solid work ethic and a desire to be challenged on a daily basis
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, customer-oriented environment.
• Flexible person with the ability to manage stressful situations and adapt to rapidly changing environments and requirements.
• Creative person who is willing to take initiative and share alternative solutions with peers and management.
• Analytical thinker willing to “think outside the box” to resolve customer issues
• Curiosity to learn, implement, and support new and diverse technologies outside own area of expertise
• Strong self-confidence balanced by a healthy amount of humbleness
Compensation and Benefits:
• Highly competitive compensation including commissions
• Family Health Insurance
• Family Dental Insurance
• Paid Training and Certification Testing
• Paid Vacation
• Flex Time scheduling
• Profit Sharing
• Retirement with corporate matching contributions
• Employee technology purchase plan
• NOTE: No relocation funds will be provided
Organizational Relationships: Reports to the Engineering Manager
If you’re looking for a challenge and an organization that rewards you for your commitment and hard work, we’d love to talk with you! Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org