Open Position: Marketing Intern
Job Title: Digital Marketing Associate
Start Date: January 25th, 2021
Position Length: Spring and Summer 2021
Pay: $12/hour, 10 -15 hours/week
Location: PEI Boulder Office (Potential for Partial Remote Schedule)
PEI is an IT Services Provider based in Boulder, CO. We specialize in managed services, cloud computing, networking, IT security, and more. Our mission is to drive digital transformation for small and midsize businesses with technology solutions that actively help our customers reach their business goals.
We are seeking an on-site, part-time intern to assist with a variety of marketing projects from digital marketing initiatives to in-person events and outreach. This position will start as a temporary position running through May 2021 but can move into a longer term through August 2021 for someone who is successful in this role. The Marketing Intern will report directly to the Marketing Manager but will also interact and work frequently with members of other departments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Proofread and revise blog articles written by other PEI staff members for grammar, syntax, organization, and thoroughness.
- With strategic direction from the Marketing Manager, write blog articles on topics relevant to PEI’s scope of services to be used for SEO purposes.
- Assist with creation of digital materials including copywriting for customer emails, newsletter copy, website material, sales and advertising materials, and blog articles.
- Assist with website/WordPress maintenance as it relates to posting blogs or other content, basic updates on pages, search engine optimization, etc.
- Develop and implement social media strategy with special attention to increasing engagement.
- Assist Marketing Manager with day-to-day tasks in the marketing department including planning and execution of company events and assisting with client-facing training sessions.
- Interact with customers when necessary for marketing department initiatives such as asking clients for reviews, fielding customer service questions from our website, etc.
- CRM data entry and clean up including data review and audit, duplicate record clean-up, updates, and list segmentation.
- Periodic research or other projects as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High-level knowledge of PCs and software including Microsoft Office
- Ideal: knowledge of and experience with Search Engine Optimization and Inbound Marketing*
- Ideal: experience with WordPress.org, HTML5, and CSS*
- Ideal: interest and experience in graphic design*
*Although ideal, these skills are not required for this position. PEI is willing to teach new skills and will provide ample opportunities for learning on the job.
- Willingness to learn and master completely new skills efficiently
- Passion for storytelling and a stickler for grammar
- Strong attention to detail with task-driven mindset
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Competitive drive and desire to succeed
- Individuals pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or recent graduates. This position is open to any major. If you’re a good writer and proofreader, please apply!
PEI promotes a casual office environment with flexible hours for students. We encourage a strong work-life balance and aim to make office time enjoyable with well-behaved dogs always welcome, team events, and more.
If you’re looking for a challenge and an organization that rewards you for your commitment and hard work, we’d love to talk with you! Come find out why PEI is considered the “Go To” IT Partner in the Rocky Mountains.
How to Apply
Email your cover letter, resume, and a writing sample of at least 500 words to email@example.com to be considered for this position. Design examples encouraged but not necessary.
To apply for this position, you will also be asked to complete a proofreading sample of 750 words once we receive your application.
***The individual selected for this position will be subject to a background check. PEI is committed to providing equal opportunities to employment including taking into account the nature and gravity of the offense or offenses and the time that has passed since the conviction and/or completion of the sentence.
Please note that the only official postings of this job are on the PEI Website and LinkedIn.