In a multipart series, I’m providing end-users and trainers with shortcuts to efficiently use Microsoft Lync. With Microsoft Lync expanding into more and more organizations, companies are looking at more effective ways to have their end users utilize Lync and this blog will show you how. Last month, I showed you how to use to use different Lync features while it’s up as your main window. This month, the keyboard shortcuts below will show you how more quickly and efficiently use the Contact Lists within Lync.
Keyboard shortcuts for Lync 2013 – Contacts list
Use these keyboard shortcuts while in the Contacts list.
- Delete – Delete the selected custom group or contact.
- Alt+Up Arrow – Move the selected group up.
- Alt+Down Arrow – Move the selected group down.
- Alt+Enter – On the shortcuts menu─open the selected contact or group contacts card.
- Spacebar – Collapse or expand the selected group.
- Shift+Delete – Remove the selected contact from the Contacts list (non-distribution-group members only).
Arash Zadeh, PEI