Job Description – Jr System Administrator
PEI believes in a high-involvement culture where every person is a meaningful contributor to our culture, our business, and our long-term business strategy. We balance our professional roles with activities that are fun and bring everyone together. Our collaborative approach is a formula for your personal and career success.
PEI is a Boulder, Colorado based Microsoft Gold Partner, VMware Enterprise Partner, and Cisco Premier Partner, who is recognized as a leader in delivering unified communications, cloud integration, and advanced infrastructure solutions. We’ve been in business since 1988 and have built the business and reputation on the quality and value of the services we provide to our customers. As an engineering-oriented company, we take great pride in the depth of our accountability to our client base as well as the technical knowledge maintained by our engineers.
PEI promotes a casual office environment, encourages extracurricular activities, has a Work-from-Home policy, and provides a range of professional and personal benefits.
PEI’s growing Managed Services organization is currently seeking a Systems Administrator.
- Provide mid-level systems administration expertise, support, and service
- Manage, prioritize, work, and resolve day to day support requests submitted by email, web, and telephone. Diagnose and troubleshooting skills are required. Ability to identify problems, research solutions, and determine and implement resolutions is essential.
- Use a ticketing application to completely record any and all effort toward resolution and document solutions
- Perform on-going maintenance tasks for internal and client networks, including monitoring, updates and patching, and documentation.
- Perform day-to-day administrative duties for clients and internal staff, including account provisioning and account maintenance (security changes, password resets, etc.)
- Significant Windows system administration experience, including OS deployment
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008(R2)/2012(R2), including Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013 and Office 365
- Experience with enterprise virtualization technologies (VMware or Hyper-V)
- Familiarity and understanding of LAN/WAN network infrastructure and concepts, including TCP/IP
- Experience with Microsoft Lync Server 2010/2013 and/or Skype for Business
- Experience with configuration automation, PowerShell, and command scripting
- Familiarity with SAN solutions, particularly iSCSI
- Experience in a Managed Service environment a plus
- Remote Desktop Service experience a plus
- Experience with Cisco layer 3 switches a plus
- 1-3 years progressive experience in IT, particularly in a customer service role
- Outstanding customer service attitude
- Ability to travel locally, less than 25% of the time
- Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to individuals of varying degrees of technical knowledge
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism when dealing with stressful situations
- Ability to work in a team environment and share information with team members
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills