Currently Running Cisco’s Unity, Call Manager or Express 4.x – 7.x?
Cisco is making it very easy to upgrade your licensing and software to Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) & Express (CUCME) 8.x.
Why should I consider upgrading to 8.x when 4.x is running perfectly and why should I complete the project by July, 31st, 2011?
End of Life & End of Service (E.O.L & E.O.S.)
- Keep an eye on your Cisco UCS Servers. If they are not end of life yet, they may soon be.
- Eliminate paying for new Cisco UCS hardware, plus hardware support contracts by considering Virtualization.
- Leverage your existing Virtualization architecture and add CUCM & Unity to your VM’s. (In depth discussions with your Cisco VoIP expert is a must)
- Excellent time to consider utilizing the SIP features bundled into 8.x.
- Excellent time to consider dropping your expensive and contractual obligations with your T1 provider and take advantage of a PEI recommended SIP provider and business grade Internet provider.
Cisco Upgrade Programs
- Take advantage of programs like the 3”x3” that end on July 31st, 2011.
- Excellent per seat upgrade pricing and no additional costs for 3-years.
- Make sure your quote has ESW & UCSS for 3-years.
- Take advantage of Cisco’s financial offers around these programs.
ESW & UCSS
- ESW is an annual support contract providing minor upgrades and UCSS is for major upgrades.
- Perhaps your Cisco support contracts have expired. Great time to get current and bundle it into one budgetary proposal.
– Marty Deger, PEI