Looks to me that a recent firmware change took place with CiscoC220-M5 servers that requires adding an extra item in UEFI configuration. When booting the server you are greeted with the following screen:
“Press ESC to skip Startup.nsh”
This happens BOTH when the device is fresh out of box with no RAID or any storage configured and EVEN AFTER you’ve installed the OS.
Fixing “Press ESC in 1 Seconds to Skip Startup.nsh” Screen Occurrence
- Setup your raid and install the OS.
- Enter Bios and choose ‘boot options’
- Create new Boot Option and browse to the first partition
- Select Bootx64.EFI (VMware 6.0 was used in this example)
- Change boot priority and use the entry you created in step 4.
This will allow you to auto boot to the installed OS and permanently fix the issue.