Are Managed IT Services Right For You?
Not all businesses need managed services, and some may only require elements of a full managed service package. Each organization will have different reasons for considering additional support in the form of a managed service. Here is a list of some of the more common reasons organizations are looking for additional support for their IT staff.
- Lessen the impact of losing experienced support staff.
- Make optimal use of existing resources by reducing pressure on existing staff.
- Focus on business rather than IT support tasks.
- Better cost control and clarity on IT return on investment.
- Improved business efficiency through focused use of resources.
- Transfer risk for meeting and exceeding high service delivery targets.
- Improved processes by introduction of best practices and standards.
A well planned managed service offering can help address the gaps in your IT strategy and its execution, helping to resolve business challenges and pain points.
Additional benefits include:
- Proactive monitoring and management
- 24×7 maintenance support
- Continuous life-cycle management including: configuration management, service upgrades (adds, moves, changes), and service evolution planning
- Fault management
- Performance management and reporting
Whether your business just needs assistance with the basics, like monitoring and patching, or something more extensive like weekly staff augmentation, there are many options that can be customized to suite an organizations specific needs. A managed service offering may be a great way to fill in the gaps!
-Jon Eyberg, PEI