PEI believes in a high-involvement culture where every person is a meaningful contributor to our culture, our business, and our long-term business strategy. We balance our professional roles with activities that are fun and bring everyone together. Our collaborative approach is a formula for your personal and career success.
PEI promotes a casual office environment, encourages extracurricular activities, has a Work-from-Home policy, and provides a range of professional and personal benefits.
Our employees are committed to each other and our clients. We always operate as a team, put customer service first, and strive for daily excellence. PEI only hires coworkers interested in career opportunities that have a strong desire to grow and learn.
PEI is a Boulder, Colorado based Microsoft Gold Partner, VMware Enterprise Partner, and Cisco Premier Partner. PEI is recognized as a leader in delivering unified communications, cloud integration, advanced infrastructure solutions, and managed services. We’ve been in business since 1988 and have built the business and reputation on the quality and value of the services we provide to our customers. Our Customer for Life business model sets us apart from our competition.
As an engineering-oriented company, we take great pride in the depth of our accountability to our client base as well as the technical knowledge maintained by our engineers.
PEI’s growing Managed Services organization is currently seeking a Senior Systems Support Engineer.
- Provide mid-to-senior level systems administration expertise, support, and service
- Serve as a Tier-3 emergency escalation for PEI’s other engineers
- Provide junior level network administration support and service
- Manage, prioritize, work, and resolve day to day support requests submitted by email, web, and telephone. Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills are required. Ability to identify problems, research solutions, and determine and implement resolutions is essential.
- Use our tools and ticketing applications to completely record any and all effort toward resolution and document solutions
- Perform on-going maintenance tasks for internal and client networks, including monitoring, updates and patching, and documentation.
- Perform day-to-day administrative duties for clients and internal staff, including account provisioning and account maintenance (security changes, password resets, etc.)
- Significant Windows system administration experience, including OS deployment, configuration automation, PowerShell, and command scripting
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server 2008(R2)/2012(R2)/2016, including Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016 administration and troubleshooting
- Experience with administration and troubleshooting of Office 365 and Microsoft 365
- Experience with enterprise virtualization technologies (VMware or Hyper-V) and management toolsets (vCenter or System Center Virtual Machine Manager)
- Familiarity and understanding of LAN/WAN network infrastructure and concepts, including TCP/IP
- Experience in a consulting role
- Experience with Microsoft Skype for Business and/or Teams
- Develop expertise with Microsoft Systems Center
- Familiarity with SAN solutions, particularly iSCSI
- Experience in a Managed Service environment
- Remote Desktop Service experience a plus
- Experience with Cisco layer 3 switches a plus
- Experience with RMM Tools and Ticketing Systems
- 5+ years progressive experience in IT, particularly in a customer service role
- Outstanding customer service attitude
- Ability to travel locally, less than 25% of the time
- Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to individuals of varying degrees of technical knowledge
- Perform with integrity, honesty and a high degree of ethics
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism when dealing with stressful situations
- Ability to work in a team environment and share information with team members
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule
Even if you don’t have all of the requirements we’re asking for, but feel like this is the right position for you, please apply. Email your resume to email@example.com along with information about why you’d like to be considered for this position.