Mailbox replication service is the service responsible for moving the mailboxes, mailbox imports, mailbox exports, and restore requests.
The move request statistics can be viewed by running the below command:
Get-MoveRequestStatistics | Select DisplayName,StatusDetail,PercentComplete
StalledduetoCI: (Stalled due to content indexing)
This is caused by Content Indexing on the database copies. To solve this, by turn it off on the Mailbox Database till the migration is complete for that DB where the mailbox resides.
To turn it off run the below command:
Set-MailboxDatabase “your mailbox database” -IndexEnabled:$False
- This should be re-enabled once the migration has completed
- Disabling Exchange Search impacts the functionality and performance of the full-text searches that are performed by your users using Outlook in online mode or on Windows mobile devices.
- In-Place eDiscovery also relies on Exchange Search. If you disable Exchange Search for a mailbox database or for a Mailbox server, In-Place eDiscovery searches won’t return any messages from the database or server.
- You can enable or disable Exchange Search for servers or mailbox databases but not for individual mailbox users.
- You can’t use the EAC to disable or enable Exchange Search for a mailbox database.
Brandon Stuart, PEI
This post is part of a series on Exchange Migration Status Messages. If you’re interested in learning more technical tips like this one, subscribe to our blog below!
Other Posts in this Series
Looking for more insights like this?
Subscribe to our blog!
PEI is committed to protecting your data and your privacy. We use the information you provide us to contact you about our relevant content, products, and services. You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time.